Our greens are over 10 years old and during that time we have not been overly aggressive with them in the sense of removing thatch from the greens properly. Well that all ended this year. In an effort to return our greens to the extremely high caliber they were several years ago we got aggressive and removed a ton of unneeded material. I have to admit it was very scary to see the greens "ripped up" like they were but I am very confident they will recover quickly and be some of the best available.
Another practice that we got to do while closed was the topdressing of the tee boxes. We routinely spot dress divots on the tees but have not had (or taken) the opportunity to topdress the entire teeing surface before. This process, in conjunction with the verticutting and aerifying, will help to smooth the tee boxes out and make the plants much healthier.