Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bird Identification

I had a visitor of the blog, jim1973m from England, recently leave the following comment:
 
"Paul

This is a wonderful blog. Thanks for sharing these pics and words but I have a question: Does the Screech Owl live up to its name? I live in the North West of England and we do not have this type of owl."


Otis asio
Eastern Screech Owl
First let me say that I am honored and humbled that our blog is being viewed and enjoyed by persons all over the world. 

If you are interested in bird identification or calls I have to direct you to one of the best, if not the best, site on the web.  Once again, I fall back to the The Cornell Lab of Orninthology for any information about birds.  Their website All About Birds will give you habitat, nesting preference, and conservation concern information about hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands, of birds species including the Sound of an Eastern Screech Owl.

James, thanks for your kind comments and I hope this helps to answer your question.

No comments:

Post a Comment