Friday, August 5, 2011

No More Clippings

I have been having a real issue over the past few months with the amount of clippings being left behind by our rough mowers.  I was having to send out two tractor mounted blowers and an outfront blower to disperse the clippings which meant I was spending a fortune in fuel and manpower not to mention the excessive amount of unnecessary noise that this process created.  Well I think I have come upon a solution that might help some others.  For the past two years we have been applying Legacy Growth Regulator to our fairways with great success.  I wondered if it could work on the roughs and after speaking with a representative from Sepro I decided to give it a try.  We applied Legacy at a 15 ounce per acre rate to the roughs around the middle of July and have had, what I consider to be, success.  The amount of clippings have been greatly reduced and the roughs have a better, greener appearance.  Each time we mow the roughs we have had to spend less and less time blowing clippings and yesterday we did not have to send the blowers out at all.  Great success and I know our golfers will appreciate the reduction in noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment